Oral cancer, including tongue, gum, jaw, cheek, and pharyngeal, nasopharyngeal and laryngeal are more common than people are aware of. While everyone can be affected by oral or throat cancers, current and former tobacco users are most susceptible.
There are several websites that provide information, research, screening information, help and support, as well as other pertinent statistics regarding oral cancer.
- Medline Plus: Trusted Health Information regarding Oral and Throat Cancer
- The Oral Cancer Foundation: Aimed at Saving Lives and Reducing Suffering
- National Cancer Institute: What You Need To Know About Oral Cancer
- WebMD: Better Information Better Health
- MedicineNet.com: We Bring Doctor's Knowledge To You
- American Dental Association: Oral Health Topics
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Oral Cancer
- Mayo Clinic: Throat Cancer
- Oral Cancer Consortium: